A Prodigy

A prodigy is defined as being "a person, especially a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability: a musical prodigy" (source: dictionary.com). Take a moment and view this video and you may just find yourself listening to a prodigy!




Wow! This girl can sure tickle those keys! I could practice the piano for 8 hours a day for the rest of my life and not be able to play as well as this six year old can! But that is OK by me. I know that playing the piano is not one of my gifts. So I content myself to sitting back and listening to those who have the gift and ability to play piano (or any other musical instrument for that matter).

But what about the gifts and abilities that I do possess? All of us have been given different gifts/abilities by God. And sitting back and not utilizing them is not an option. God shapes us so that we in turn might serve him and serve others (for His sake!). Ephesians 2:10 is a great reminder of this truth. The Apostle Paul writes, "For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

So let me ask you -- just what are your gifts and abilities and how are you currently using them to serve God and others? One day we will all be called upon to give an account to God of our "stewardship" of our God-given SHAPE. Will you be ready?

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...