Some Random Thoughts to Start the Week


1. Hard to believe that it is November 2nd already!  Time sure does fly! Means that it's vital that we learn to make our moments count. Too many of us waste this precious resource on such trivial pursuits (I am pointing my finger at me right now on this one!). Given that our lives are "a mist that appears for a little while and than vanishes" (James 4:14), let's strive to be more intentional about NOT wasting our time but rather investing our time in those activities that will deepen our love for God, nurture our love for others and address our world's need for Jesus Christ.

2. In just a little while I will be leaving the office to conduct a graveside service for a woman who passed away last week. She was a woman of strong faith in Christ and so this service will be a joy to officiate. Scripture is clear that for a Believe in Christ to be "away from the body" is to be "at home with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5:8). I praise God that followers of Christ do not have to "grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope" (1 Thessalonians 4:13). Because Jesus lives we know with confidence that when His followers die - they really live on (see John 14:19)! Are YOU ready to meet God? (see http://www.matthiasmedia.com.au/2wtl/ to find out how YOU can be ready to meet God!)

3.  It is great to be feeling well physically again. For many weeks following my return from Africa, I just "was not myself!" But thanks to a couple of weeks of antibiotics and the gracious hand of God, the little visitors that I unknowingly brought home with me are now gone - and I hope never to return!

4. Finally, I am so grateful for my kids. All of them are now married (and I think happily so). My wife and I are thankful to God that in His providence they all still live in Lancaster county, none more than 25 minutes from our house. That is a blessing we do not take for granted (and hope we never do!). My hope is that my wife and I will continue to be able to build into the lives of our children .... and their children as they come along. What a privilege that is!

5. Tomorrow is election day. Do make the time to exercise your citizenship and vote!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...