God-honoring Boasting!

This past Sunday, I concluded my message with a quote from Kevin DeYoung's book, The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism. I have not been able to get this quote out of my head since. Here is what DeYoung wrote:

"Never stop glorying in the cross where Christ accepted the penalties that should belong to us so that we can claim the blessings that would otherwise belong only to Him."

The Apostle Paul said something very similar to this when he wrote, "May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world" (Galatians 6:14). 

Have you rejoiced in the cross of Jesus today? Certainly there is nothing I can think of that is more worth celebrating than that which Jesus did for us on the cross. If you want to review just what it was that He did for us, stop by the Deeper '11 blog for my sermon audio and/or PowerPoint slides. 
Thanks for stopping by . . . 

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...