Thursday A La Carte

Again ... here are a few odds and ends that I found to be of interest. Perhaps you will as well!

1. In spite of the Bible's regular reminders of our need to wait on God, it is something I find difficult to do. Here is one blogger's take on why it's good to wait on God!

2. What did Jesus mean when he told us to "take up our cross?"  Many believe that the cross he is talking about here is some burden we must carry through life ... say a physical illness, a strained relationship, an overbearing mother-in-law. But that is NOT what Jesus had in mind. Check out this very insightful article on gotquestions.org.

3. Did you ever wonder where President Obama stands on the abortion issue? Al Mohler writes on this topic in his blog posting, "In His Own Words: A Radical Pro-Abortion President."

4. On the lighter side ... a video that talks about ... talking wrong (or is it wrongly?)

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

PS - A word about the graphic, Java Joe's --- I chose this because it does reflect my life. In my early boyhood years I had the nickname of Jody (which I shortened to Joe - after all, Jody is a girl's name!). In my adult years, a morning cup (or two or three) of java has become part of my daily routine. So Java Joe is fitting!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...