I Just Don't Get It!

I often run across Christians who have no hunger for God's Word. Given the importance of the Scripture - I just don't get it! How can one be a declared follower of Jesus Christ and yet have no hunger for His Word? A lack of hunger that is manifested in no desire to sit under its teaching; a lack of any kind of consistent personal Bible reading AND study; no attempt to memorize even one verse per week. When I reflect on this sorry state of so many belivers today, it is no wonder that the church is as weak as it is!

If I just described you ... then let me encourage you ... no URGE you to ask God EVERY day to give you a hunger for HIS Word. Decide TODAY on some sort of plan to begin interacting with the Scripture on a more consistent basis. Jesus asked his Father to sanctify his followers by the truth which he identified as the Word of God! So if you want to be sanctified ... to become more like Jesus Christ, then you must make the Bible your best friend and constant companion. And as you get to know it better, you must strive, with the Spirit of God's help, to "put it into practice" (See Matthew 7:24-27). To do less is to miss God's blessing (see Psalm 1:1-6).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...