The Struggle to Pray!

If you are anything like me, you struggle to pray. Yes, you know it's important to pray. Yes, you know God commands us to pray and that He delights when we do. Yet you (and I) struggle to pray with any kind of consistency.

This morning I read a description of what we are doing when we pray. I think if we keep this description in mind, it will help us to pray more! Here's what this author had to say about our praying:

When we pray, "we are addressing ourselves to the great sovereign God of the universe and are presenting our adoration, confessions, thanksgivings and supplications to him. He is hearing these prayers and responding to them consistently, perfectly, and wisely out of his own inexhaustible abundance" (James Boice, An Expositional Commentary on Romans, Volume 2, p. 891).

When we keep in mind Boice's description of prayer - I believe we will pray more!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...