It's Vacation Bible School Week!!!

Yesterday was our second of five days of Vacation Bible School here at Grace. And what a day it was! 211 kids showed up! We were thrilled (and a bit apprehensive). But all went well and we are looking forward to Day #3 today!

Given the busyness of this week (I am playing the role of Kam, the guide of Promise Island. We do a skit at each opening and closing), I may not be able to blog quite so much as usual. But I am going to make an effort to give it my best shot!

What excites me most about our VBS is that during the week, we have a great opportunity to introduce these little ones to Jesus Christ. We know that children have a very special place in the heart of Jesus. When parents were bringing their children to Jesus, seeking a blessing from him, the disciples tried to send them away. In their minds, the Master had far more important things to do than to bless a bunch of kids. But when Jesus saw what his disciples were doing, he grew angry with them and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” (Mark 10:14-15). He then took the children in his arms and blessed them. 

That incident occurred some 200 years ago. And that same Jesus who rose from the dead and ascended to heaven - still desires to take the little children in his arms and bless them. It is up to us to share the gospel with these children so they can experience his blessing. 

When I was 11 years old, I attended a VBS in the city of Harrisburg. This was my first and only VBS experience as a child. But what an experience it was! There, for the first time in my life, I heard the good news of John 3:16. Even though I did not come to faith at that time, it did prove to be an important step toward my conversion at age 16. And so ... I guess you can see why I am a HUGE fan of VBS! 

Please offer up a prayer (or two or three) for the ministry of the gospel here at Grace this week.

Thanks for stopping by . . . 

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...