Thursday A La Carte

Hope you enjoy and can find something you will find beneficial for your journey of grace! 

1. Here's a book review that I found compelling about a vital - yet often neglected - aspect of our Christian walk. I plan to buy (and read the book). 

2. Speaking of books ... for those of you who like to read e-books, check out Amazon's gospelebooks site. You can pick up some really great deals here (and subscribe for their regular email as the deals are constantly changing!). Today I noticed that Gracia Burnham's book, In the Presence of My Enemies is FREE! In this book she recounts her and her husband's year long captivity in the Philippines. It's a great read (I know, I read it!). 

3. My parents are gone ... but perhaps you still have one or both still living. Here we are between Mother's Day and Father's Day ... so I thought it might be a good time to think about the fifth commandment. To help you do so, here's an insightful article by Dennis Raniey, The Best Gift You Can Give Your Parents.

4.  Scotty Smith offers up a prayer about itching ears and and good theology. It's a prayer I plan to pray - often! 

5. On a lighter note ... in this brief clip the woman asks her father, "So Dad, how do you like the iPad we got you?"  It's a hoot! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...