Back in the Office with a Yuletide Thought!

Got back to the office early this morning after a delightful week off in which I got to spend a lot of time with my wife and other family members (think grandkids!). Even though I am still working on the dozens of emails and other work that piled up in my absence, I must say it is good to get back at what I believe God has called me to do.

One of the books I read last week was a special edition of Charles Dickens', A Christmas Carol, which contained interesting Christian insights into this Christmas classic. In the story's beginning, Dickens refers to Ebeneezer Scrooge as a "squeezing, wrenching, grasping, scarping, clutching, covetous old sinner." Certainly a "spot on" description of Scrooge. However, by the story's end, Scrooge has experienced a remarkable transformation. As he concludes the book, Dickens writes of Ebeneezer, "He became as good a friend, as good a master, as good a man, as the good old city knew . . . Ever afterwards . . . it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge." 

Friend, this is what the Christmas holiday is really all about. God became one of us so that we could become one "like" him! To be transformed from sinner to saint - that's the glory of Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...