Friday Coffee with PJ

Coffee. Friday. Morning. Now that's a great combination! So if you agree ... grab a cup and join me for some random Friday morning thoughts (and even if you don't enjoy coffee, I still invite you to join me!).

1. I just read that last month (March) was some 6+ degrees below normal. That makes March of 2014 the coldest March in Lancaster since March of 1960! Wow! That is COLD! I wonder what the global warming proponents are saying (I would guess they are saying this extreme cold is the result of the climate change being brought about by global warming! Oh ... I don't have to guess ... check out this article that points out that the White House had done just that!) In my mind, belief in global warming ranks right up there with belief in naturalistic evolution to explain the origin and development of life. Both are driven more by personal agendas rather than the evidence!

2. From the writings of J.I. Packer, one of my favorite theologians, comes these insights concerning sin. Insights that all of us will be better for if we hear ... I mean really HEAR ... what he is saying!

"Because of God's majesty as sovereign ruler of the universe, sin (lawlessness, missing the moral mark, failing to practice righteousness with all one's heart and soul) is a major matter. Secular Western culture, which has deliberately atrophied the sense of God's majesty, finds this hard to believe, but it is so. Some sins are intrinsically greater and intrinsically worse than others - but there can be no small sins against a great God." 


3. Here is a cute grandchild story I thought I would pass on to you. The story is about Jack (really named JOHN!) who is 3 1/2 and Nolan, who is almost 3. My daughter Kate sent this to me via a text the other night.

Jack was so disappointed when I told him that Nolan was not coming over this evening. He decided he wanted to carry Nolan's picture around with him everywhere and talk to him all evening and show him what he was playing with. This was the condition of Nolan's picture by the end of the night. I think it's safe to say that Jack is missing playing with his cousins three days a week.

Hmm ... this reminds me of how we should be living our lives with the Spirit of God as our constant companion. Including God (in the person of his Spirit) in all of life's routine is what Paul meant when he urges us to "walk in step with the Spirit" (Galatians 5:25). Let's follow my grandson's example. As he included his cousin in his activities ... let us include God! 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...