ONE THING!

This past Sunday ... which happened to be Easter ... my kids and their kids gathered at "Grammy and Papa's
house" for lunch. Following lunch came the event that all the little ones were waiting for (and I am guessing all of us adults, too!)... the Easter Egg Hunt! Our five year old granddaughter informed us that she and her little sister practiced the day before for the hunt. Sooo at approximately 1:55 pm the hunt began! One by one, from the youngest (2 years old) to the oldest (5 years old) ... the children were released to begin the hunt! And that is just what they did! Even two year old Mollie was all about finding eggs! It was a boatload of fun watching them run all over the yard and laughing and giggling when they found their treasures!

I wish we would all pursue God with such fervor and joy. After all, there is no greater treasure than knowing and enjoying God! The first question of the Westminster Shorter Catechism reads, "What is the chief end of man?  The answer: "Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to ENJOY him forever."  King David understood this and went hard after God. In Psalm 27:4 he writes, "ONE THING have I asked of the Lordthat will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple." 

May David's ONE THING become our one thing as well - seeking after God with a contagious zeal that will help others see that the ONE THING we treasure most is our relationship with the Living God!

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...