Friday coffee with PJ

Well it's that time again to pour yourself a cup of your favorite coffee and join me for just a few random type thoughts.

1.  I don't know about you, but I find myself so much more prone to grumble, gripe, and complain than I am to be thankful. Yet I have much more to be thankful for in my life than to complain about. And why is that? The Scripture is clear. The only thing I deserve in life is the judgment of God. I was born a rebel. I continue to sin. And therefore, I deserve God's judgment. However, in his grace and mercy, God has judged my sin and rebellion through the death of his son Jesus Christ! So now I do not have to fear ever facing God's wrath for my sin because Jesus already did so! In addition, God graces me every single day. He gives me life, health, a home, family, sight, hearing, and the list goes on and on and on! The Thanksgiving holiday is a mere seven weeks from today. But let's not wait till Thanksgiving to begin cultivating a thankful heart. My friends we have so very much for which to thank our generous and gracious God (James 1:17)! Take a moment and spend some time counting your blessings and thanking the God who gives them to you (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

2. Last Saturday afternoon, My wife and I spent time with our three children and their children exploring Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. We had a boatload of fun! The picture shows my two grandsons, Nolan age three (Brown and orange hat) and Jack age four (Blue hat) looking at a map of the farm as they were discussing what they should do next. This is one of those absolutely cute moments of grand parenting. I was very glad I was able to capture it in a photo. In a similar way, even us adults have those same kinds of questions. As we journey through life, we often come to crossroads. At those times we must make a decision as to where we will head next. I hope as you come to your crossroads, you will look to God, asking him for his wisdom to help you make the best decision. And remember, any decision that will pull you away from God, is certainly not on his road map for your life.

Thanks for stopping by,
Pj

"We still tend to value comfort and pleasure more than we love redemption." (Paul Tripp)

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...