The Ever Changing ... the Never Changing!

I have been recently thinking about change and how fast and how often it happens. My 59th birthday last year was a reminder of how quickly time passes. And with the passing of time comes a boatload of change! Just ten years ago:

-No one ever heard of an iPhone.
- Android? What's that?
- Face Time was what you did each morning as you stared in the bathroom mirror.
- ISIS was something your sister would say.
- Willow Valley Family Restaurant was my favorite breakfast place (now gone!).
- I had no grandchildren (now have 6).

The list could go on and on and on. My point? Life is ALWAYS changing. If you don't like it (and I don't always like it!), you just need to "grin and bear it" - because it is part of the package we call "life."

But there is something that NEVER changes - the gospel of Jesus Christ. What Jesus accomplished on the cross of Calvary some 2000 years ago is just as sufficient today as it was then. The gospel continues to bring hope and healing to a battered and broken world. And it will always provide peace for those who embrace it as it is the ONLY way to find reconciliation with the God who made us and against whom we all rebelled. If you have never embraced the gospel, or you have you questions about it, please check out Two Ways to Live: The Choice We AlL Face.

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...