A Busy Weekend? Hmm...


This is one of those really crazy weekends that come around only once every twenty years or so. Today my youngest daughter Kate celebrates her birthday (Happy Birthday, Kate!). Tomorrow she graduates from Millersville University (Congrats, Kate!). Sunday is both Mother's Day and Sharon and my 29th wedding anniversary (Happy anniversary, honey!). Well really, that is not all that busy. So let's throw in to the mix the opening weekend of a production Kate is in (Theatre of the Seventh Sister's Inherit the Wind - showing at Millersville University's Rafters Theatre. The production opened last night and runs Thursday through Sunday of the next three weekends- You did a great job last night, Kate!). Now we are getting somewhat busy. OK - one more event to add to the mix. How about a wedding I am officiating tomorrow (congrats Brad and Liz!)? That means rehearsal tonight and ceremony tomorrow. Yep - now we are talking busy. Oh, and I had better mention that the wedding is taking place in Winchester, VA. Hmm. Busy? No! This weekend is beyond busy! So between all the birthday cake, wedding cake, commencement speeches and honoring mom and cherishing my wife -- I have 6 hours to drive today and 6 hours to drive tomorrow. Like I said "crazy busy!"

I am already tired thinking about all of this. But I know that in the midst of all this busyness God will be sustaining me. And that is a real joy of being a follower of Jesus Christ. He gives us the grace we need to face the demands of each day (or in this case, weekend). So no matter what you are facing today, look to Jesus Christ. He will enable you to get through (and survive in the process!).

Thanks for listening,

pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...