Inspiration in an Unlikely Place!

Yesterday I took some time to visit two people who are in skilled care at a nearby health care facility. Both are up in age. Both are weak and frail. And both encouraged the socks off of me! That's right. I spent about 30 minutes with each one and in those 30 minutes they did not want to talk about themselves and their problems. No, they wanted to talk about me and my family, the church and what God was doing here. Their bodies might be falling apart, but their love for others and their faith and hope in God is as strong and firm as ever.

As I walked back to my office I told God that if He ever allows me to live to be that age, I want to be like them! Strong in faith. Positive in attitude. I want to finish well. But to finish well THEN means I must stay in the race NOW, running hard, never quitting. And the key to staying in the race is to fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith (see Hebrews 12:1-2). Given all the temptations of the world around us ... this is not easy. It requires discipline and intentional effort. How about you? Do you desire to finish well? Then keep running this race of faith. And as you run, fix your eyes on Jesus! And if your eyes drift away from him (as they are prone to do) - then do a re-fix! It's the only way to finish the race and to finish it well!
Thanks for listening,
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...