Flying Safe and Secure

This weekend, I was reminded once again that air travel ain't what it used to be. Gone are the short lines and the empty seats. In their place are increased security checkpoints and packed planes. And I won't even go down the path of flights arriving "on time!"

Security especially has been raised several levels. In fact, the airport security in Philadelphia went so far as to confiscate my Bengay. They accused me of packing heat! :) All joking aside, I did encounter a new machine in Indianapolis as I went through security. It is called a "puffer machine." It blows puffs of air at a person with the purpose of dislodging any particles from explosives that might be on a person's clothing. Then the air is quickly analyzed. I sure was glad when the voice told me to step out of the machine! The whole process took less than 60 seconds. All of this is in an attempt to make air travel safe and secure for all of us who fly the ("friendly?") skies.
When it comes to our relationship with Jesus Christ, I am very glad that I am SECURE in God's hands. As Jesus himself put it, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand" (John 10:28-29). We may have to continue to worry about airport security and how to keep improving it - but we never have to worry about our security in Christ. We are safe and secure in HIS arms!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...