Learning to Be Hospitable

I thought I would post to my blog while waiting here at the Indy airport for my flight back to Philadelphia. I have been thinking a lot about some special friends with whom I just spent some time. One thing (of many) that makes them special is the warm and generous hospitality that they are always ready to offer me (and others!). For example on this trip, they picked me up at the airport when I flew in (approximately an hour drive from where they live north of Indy). They fed me and housed me. They loaned me their car for the two hour drive to Winona Lake, Indiana - which was my final destination on the trip. Thrown in during my time was a number of other kindnesses, too many to mention.

I want to offer this kind of hospitality. This is what Jesus wants from us. In 1 Peter 4:9 we are told to "Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling" (see also Romans 12:13). To offer hospitality is simply to share with others what God has given (or better said, "LOANED") to us. Let's all strive to grow in this area of being hospitable to others!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...