One Very Reliable Long Range Forecast

Hitting the newsstands this week is the new edition of the Farmer's Almanac. For over 190 years, readers of the almanac have relied upon its long range weather forecasts which the almanac claims is between 80-85% accurate. In fact, editor Peter Geiger states that the almanac has often been called "a bride's best friend" as people depend on the almanac's forecast in the planning of such things as outdoor weddings. I really hope the almanac is wrong about this upcoming winter's forecast. According to the almanac, those of us who live in the Northeast will experience "plenty of snow across the Northeast and temperatures averaging as much as 3 degrees below normal." For someone who would like to see winter end the day after Christmas, this forecast has absolutely no appeal!

A lot of people scoff at the almanac (and I admit to being one of them!). There are also a lot of people that scoff at the promised return of Jesus (and I admit I am NOT one of them!). Now most people might not openly scoff at the idea of Jesus Christ returning - but few really believe it. And even among Christ followers, the return of Christ does not get the attention it should! But it is a "long range forecast" that will prove to be 100% accurate. It may occur today - it may occur 50 years from now - but it WILL one day happen! Jesus himself said, "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am" (John 14:3). Are YOU ready for his return???
Thanks for listening,
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...