Car Trouble!

Last Friday I had to go downtown for a meeting at the county courthouse. I parked, as I usually do, in one of the parking garages on Duke Street. After about two hours, I returned to my car. But to my dismay, when I turned the ignition key, instead of hearing the roar of the engine - all I heard was a weird clicking sound. Great! So I pulled out my AAA card and called for HELP! In the meantime, my wife, Sharon ran off to find our daughter and fiance to see if they could come and give us a jump (I always carry jumper cables with me). Fortunately she caught them before they left. They drove to our location in the garage and jumped the car. Therefore, I was able to cancel the tow truck (I am so glad I got the car started. If I had required a tow, I would have had to push the car out of the garage since the tow truck was too large to get into the garage. This would have been quite the feat considering I was on the fourth level up!).

A few hours later, after dining at Olive Garden, Sharon and I came out, climbed in the car - and guess what? Again I turned the ignition key. Again the weird clicking sound! And once again, I managed to find someone to give my car a jump. At this point I began to diagnose the ailment my car was suffering. As I poked around I noticed that no matter what position I turned my light switch to the fog lights remained on. This is why my battery was constantly being drained of its "juice!"

Yesterday I took the car to the garage - and sure enough - I was right! I needed a new "multi function switch." They had one in stock and by the end of the day the car was once again healthy, at least until the next problem comes along!
At one point in the midst of these car problems, I caught myself complaining. At that point, I reminded myself that although these problems were irritating, yet it is amazing that a complex machine like my car does not "break down" more often (and I thanked God for this fact!). You see, even in the midst of the worst of life's problems, we can always find something for which to be thankful. So the next time you face an unforeseen problem - remember to look for something to be thankful for ... and give thanks to the God who has your life (and all of your circumstances) in the palm of his hand. It will encourage you - guaranteed!
Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj


No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...