The Ultimate Back Seat Driver!


A couple of months ago, I purchased a portable GPS navigational device to use in my car. It has proven itself worth every penny I spent to buy it. My Tomtom has successfully guided me to never-before-driven-to destinations - and it has made it easy! I sometimes wonder how I managed before Tomtom!

As good a road guide as my Tomtom has been - there is an even more amazing guide for our trip through life. God has given us the Bible. It will help us as we seek our destination - that of fulfillment, joy, satisfaction, purpose .... and ultimately eternal life in heaven. God's Word is our road map to God himself. Now, I do not know a Christ follower who would deny what I just wrote --- at least in word. But how many of us do deny by ignoring the Bible (or at the least - failing to interact with it on a regular basis?).

Let me encourage you as we step into this new year - that you examine your "Bible Intake Plan." Now if you don't have one - then get one! If you have one - make sure it is designed to get you deep into the Bible. And if you need some motivation to do this, then listen to these words from the Old Testament book of worship: "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers" (Psalm 1:1-3).

Hoping you were blessed by stopping by. . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...