OOPS! OOPS!

I heard it on the news last week ... but still found it hard to believe. According to a British lawmaker, a British couple had their marriage annulled after discovering ... are you ready for this ... after discovering that they were actually twins! The two were separated at birth, adopted and raised by different parents, met, fell in love and then married! I cannot imagine their feelings when they discovered the truth ... Oh to be married to your twin brother or sister!

Now the legislator brought this to light as support for his legislation requiring more information be required on the birth certificates of adopted children. This, he said, would help avoid anymore situations like this one of marital oops oops! I think he may have a very good point!

For anyone who embraces Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord, according to the Bible - we are born into God's family and are adopted by God as his children (Please see John 1:12-13, 3:1ff; Romans 8:23, Ephesians 1:5; Galatians 4:5)! There is one phrase "written" on our birth certificate that spells out our new identity as God's children probably better than any other. It is the phrase "in Christ." Let me suggest that you take a moment and go to the following web address to check out the significance of these words: http://www.ficm.org/whoami.htm.

I for one am glad that the words "In Christ" are written on my heavenly birth certificate! I hope you are too!

Thanks for stopping by...

pj





No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...