Destination: The Father’s House

I’ve been a bit busy this week as I prepare for my upcoming trip to India. Squeezed between other responsibilities has been time spent on teaching prep, packing lists, shopping trips, etc. – all to be ready to depart tomorrow (Sunday). I’ve also spent time reflecting on my first trip to India which I took in February of 2006. That trip was a huge blessing – and I am asking God to bless again as He did back then.

There is another trip I will be taking one day. But unlike my trip to India, I have no idea of the departure date. Only God does. I am referring to the trip ALL of us will one day take – from earth to eternity. I often wonder what Heaven will be like. I can’t talk to anyone who has been there and come back. But I can hear from the One who lives there. In my opinion one of the most fascinating descriptions of Heaven is found in the early verses of John 14. There Jesus refers to Heaven as “My Father’s House.” Given the fact that we are the children of God through our faith in Jesus Christ (see John 1:12-13 and 1 John 3:1) Heaven, “the Father’s House,” is our true home. That in and of itself is enough to say to me that Heaven is a wonderful place – a place that is better by far than any place on earth (see Philippians 1:23). Dorothy of Oz fame said it so well when she clicked her ruby slippers and repeated, “There’s no place like home; there’s no place like home!” (And keep in mind - she was talking about Kansas!). What a glorious day it will be when we get to go HOME! Let me ask you - are YOU ready for eternity? If you have any questions, please email me and we can "talk."

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...