Heading East to India!

As I stumbled out of bed this morning it hit me – today is the day we leave for India! At that, thoughts began to flood my mine. Thoughts like: “Goodbye nice comfy bed!” “Now what important, vital-to-life item did I forget to pack?” “I’m really going to miss the Fam!” “Do I really want to go to INDIA?” etc., etc., etc. By the time the fog in my mind cleared and the thoughts began to subside I was standing in front of my bathroom mirror. I looked at my reflection. My reflection looked back at me. Together we smiled – yes the day that had been set for our departure a long time ago was here! Just how long ago was this date set? Philip Dongre, the executive director of Children's Fellowship of India asked me to return to India two years ago as we were wrapping up my first trip to CFI. This trip has been on the board for some 24 months! Wow! And I am as ready to go as I will ever be!

As I think about this trip I am grateful for a number of things. I am grateful for the group from Grace who will be accompanying me (Dave Mersky; Ted, Janet and Megan Long; Randy, Shirl and Andrew Pearson; Beth Reilly; Ronda Chaney; Hannah Heilenman). I am thankful for Philip Dongre. I have met few like him. His passion for Christ and the children of Children’s Fellowship of India is contagious. I am grateful for the opportunities I will have to teach God's Word and serve the children and staff of CFI. I am thankful for our church family here at Grace and their generous support for our India ’08 team – both in the giving of their finances and the ongoing prayer support - not to mention the boxes upon boxes of clothing given for the boys! Finally I am thankful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If He had not extended his grace to me when I was a teenager, I am not sure where I would be today. But I am sure where I would not be – and that is on a plane to travel to the far side of the world in service for Jesus Christ!

Would you do me a favor and pause right now and offer a prayer for our team, the people whom we will serve in India (both children and adults) and our families we leave behind? Thanks for your prayers. James tells us that “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). Thanks so much. This will be my last posting until I get “back in the saddle” in early March.

Thanks for stopping by . . . and thanks for praying for us!

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...