Rainy Days and Mondays

Early in 1971, Richard and Karen Carpenter (a.k.a. "The Carpenters") released a song that was destined to be their fourth consecutive hit. The song titled Rainy Days and Mondays included the following lyrics:

Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down

Seeing that today is a Monday and knowing that it is raining outside at the moment - I guess I should be feeling pretty low right now. But, I just did a quick check and I am not. I do admit that I am tired - which is always the case on a Monday following a Sunday in which I preached three times. But I am not feeling down.
One reason I am not feeling down on this rainy Monday is that I spent some time earlier today reflecting on just how great our God is. I was praying through Psalm 150 and ran across these words in the first two verses of the psalm:
Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
As I praised God for his acts of power in my life ... and praised him for his surpassing greatness, I felt my spirit within me being revived and blessed. Praising God has a way of doing this. It helps to keep our problems in perspective by reminding us that our God is far bigger than ANY problem we will ever face.
Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...