There's Power in Prayer and It's Divine!

Earlier this week I revieved by email an invitation to pray and fast on January 30th for God's Spirit to move in Europe. Ever since my wife Sharon and I spent time ministering to the Eruopean team of Grace Brethren International Missions, God has "burdened" our hearts for the European mission field. So I wanted to "heed the call" but my schedule on the 30th was jammed full. So instead, I decided I would fast thru lunch the day before ... and spend some focused time praying for Europe. I was not alone. I received an email from Paul Klawitter this morning. Paul, the Eroupean Regional Director for GBIM wrote these exciting words,

"Dear praying friends,

My heart has been moved with the oh-so-many notes from around the world of people who joined us in prayer yesterday—people from California to Pennsylvania, South America and all across Europe. And if this has moved my heart, how much more so the heart of our loving Father. And God is already moving in response to our prayers. I received this note yesterday morning (Note that a few people wrote to say they could not dedicate the day on Wednesday to prayer so they began on Tuesday)..."

Paul went on to include a note which he has asked that we not post with its names and locations. But in a few words, this note was from one of Paul's coworkers in Europe who saw on the 29th the first coversion in his city after 7 months of making contacts. Coincidence that here I was U.S. praying that very day (along with many others) and there in Europe a man was gloriously saved? No way! When we ask, we shall receive. When we seek, we will find. When we knock, the door shall be opened. This is way cool. No, beyond way cool! Praise our merciful and faithful Father! There's power in prayer - and it's divine!

Thanks for stopping by,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...