Darwin? Or Intellegint Design? (Part 2)

Yesterday, my wife and I went to see the movie, Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed. For a documentary film, I found it to be quite engaging. Before I knew it, the movie was over and we were on our way.

This morning I got on the Internet to see what kind of "buzz" the movie is causing. I was amazed to see how the Establishment has reacted. The National Center For Science Education has developed a web site devoted solely to discrediting the film. Richard Dawkins, a well known atheistic evolutionist who was interviewed in the film, has written a very emotional and sarcastic response to how the movie portrayed him. And on and on it goes. (By the way - you can go to the movie's web site http://www.expelledthemovie.com/ to check these things out for your self.)

Hmm. Why such a ferocious response? Could it be that the film has rattled the bastions of academia? I have done a lot of reading in this area of the origin of life. And even though evolutionists keep saying (and writing) that evolution is a proven fact that is backed up by mountains of research and evidence - I am certainly unconvinced. I really believe that what we have going on here is a case of "If you say something loud enough and long enough - people will buy it." This is what the evolutionists have done.

But why? Why such a hatred for Intelligence Design? Romans chapter one contains the answer. There we read,

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." (Romans 1:18-20)

Men, many who are very educated and very accomplished in the scientific arena are suppressing the truth about the Designer of this very vast and very complicated world. I believe they are doing so in order to maintain their autonomy and avoid any accountability to the God who made them.

If you want to do some more study on this issue of Creation vs. Evolution - let me suggest the following web site: http://www.answersingenesis.org/. And join me in praying for all of those who have hardened their hearts toward God and His Truth.

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

P.S. - If you have yet to see Expelled - I highly recommend you go ... and take your kids!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...