"Dearly Beloved . . . "

It won't be long now! In just a little over 9 hours I will be walking my daughter down the aisle. And shortly after reaching the front of the sanctuary ... the question will be asked, "Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" Wait a minute!! "Woman??!!" My little girl Kate is no longer a little girl but a "WOMAN??!!" It is true. Somewhere along life's journey - I looked away ... and when I looked back my little brown-eyed girl was no longer a girl - but a beautiful young woman. A college graduate. A successful high-school teacher. And soon - a wife! I can scarcely believe it! But I am so very glad for her and her soon-to-be husband!

As I look ahead to the wedding ceremony, I can't express how privileged I feel. Not only do I get to do what every dad gets to do (walk his daughter down aisle) - but I also get to officiate the ceremony, guiding Ryan and Kate through their vows in the process! I consider that a huge honor!!!

I am excited for Kate and Ryan for I know that when a husband and wife seek to live together as God intended (with the husband CHERISHING and not controlling his wife and the wife RESPECTING and not restructuring her husband) God will indeed bless, granting to the husband and wife a "taste of heaven" on earth.

I know - that's been my experience with my bride of some 30 years now! I am praying that Kate and Ryan will experience the joy we have had (and continue to have!).




Thanks for praying for us today!!!

And thanks for stopping by . . .

The Father of the Bride (a.k.a. "pj")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you and your family!

Blessings!
The Arsenaults

Pastor John said...

Thanks Bill and Jen! The day was truly amazing!

pj

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...