Parachute Failure - Unbelievable Outcome!

Three years ago Shayna West took her first solo skydive and almost died. In fact, she should have. As observers watched in horror, Shayna's main chute failed to open, which sent her spiraling out of control. When she pulled the cord for her emergency chute, it too failed to open (I read that the odds of this happening are about a million in one - for me even those odds are TOO HIGH!). Remarkably, incredibly - Shayna somehow survived. However, she suffered massive injuries to her face, leg and pelvis ... just to name a few ... and has undergone numerous surgeries since her accident. Oh and I forgot to mention that when she took that jump she was in the early stages of pregnancy. So early, she did not even know that she was pregnant! Apparently because the baby was so small, he survived. Today Shayna's son Tanner is a very active two year old.

I read that story and I came to a couple of conclusions. First, you will NEVER (and I do mean NEVER) see me jump out of a plane (unless it is already sitting on the ground!). And second, I see this story as illustrating the truth that our lives our in God's hands! Humanly speaking, Shayna (and Tanner) should not be alive today. Hitting the ground at over 50 mph - how does a person survive that? Yet she did. The only way I can explain all of this is that God is not finished with this woman (and any of her children). He has a plan for her earthly life that did not end on October 9, 2005. And so somehow, I believe, God was there to spare her life when all odds said it should have ended.

Friends, God also has a plan for your life. My prayer for you is that you will seek to work with Him in fulfilling His plan for your life. Strive to love Him .... seek to honor Him ... in all that you think, do and say!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...