Blessings for the New Year!

As I wrap up my blogging for yet another year, I want to leave you with a few well said words. Take a moment and think on these things. And if changes in your life are called for - then take action!

I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light. (Mary Gardner Brainard)

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. (C.S. Lewis)

Live as though Christ died yesterday, rose from the grave today, and is coming back tomorrow. (Theodore Epp)

Wishing will never be a substitute for prayer. (Ed Cole)

I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker. (Voltaire)

Here, then, is the real problem of our negligence. We fail in our duty to study God's Word not so much because it is difficult to understand, not so much because it is dull and boring, but because it is work. Our problem is not a lack of intelligence or a lack of passion. Our problem is that we are lazy. (R.C. Sproul)

Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you. (George Mueller)


Thanks for stopping by . . . and I will "see" you next year!

pj

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor John,

2008 proved to be an incredible year growing with my Lord. Thank you for India and for so faithfully leading the flock toward our wonderful Lord. We, the Chaney's, are grateful for you and your family and are praying for a great 2009.

Pastor John said...

Thanks, Ronda for your gracious encouragement!

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...