How Blessed I Am!

Mondays are my day off. I often spend the day lounging around the house in the morning, getting some projects done around the house or running errands, and most important of all, spending some time with my best friend (a.k.a. Sharon my wife). Yesterday was no exception. After a leisurely start to the day in which I drank a pot of coffee, read my Bible and the USA Today, I then balanced our check book and did some grading for an online course I am currently teaching. After a quick lunch, I then went to a movie with Sharon. The movie we chose to see was the British film, Slumdog Millionaire. I wanted to see this movie for two reasons: it was getting some good reviews from both movie critics and moviegoers and it was a movie about India and filmed for the most part in Mumbai. Having traveled to India twice to serve at Children's Fellowship of India's orphanage - part of my heart remains there!

As Sharon and I talked after the film, we both agreed on a couple of things. First we were very glad for the work of CFI in rescuing boys from the despair of poverty (and glad for the opportunity to help support CFI's ministry!). In the movie, an orphanage was shown taking kids in from the street but then using ... no abusing them in order to have them bring in money through begging on the streets. At CFI - the boys are clothed, fed, given medical care, educated and most important of all - they are introduced to Jesus Christ! Quite a contrast to the unscrupulous orphanage portrayed in the movie (If you are interested in finding out more about the wonderful work of CFI check out their web site at cfindia.org). Second, we were very grateful to God for HIS generosity to us - meeting all of our needs and then some ... no and then a lot! Compared to the VAST majority of the world's peoples, Sharon and I are millionaires! God has given us much -- and to whom much is given, much is required (see Luke 12:28).

If you get the chance, you might want to go see the movie. However, I don't recommend the movie for children.

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...