It's a Girl!

Back in September as my wife and I were driving to Sandy Cove, our son called my wife on her cell. He wanted to know what name she wanted to be called by her grandchildren. This was his way of telling us that he and his wife were expecting a child. Shortly after that, our daughter-in-law went to the doctor's for an ultrasound. This was to determine the baby's "due" date - which of course is merely an approximate date as a baby can come up to two weeks before or after the due date and still be considered "on time" (Now that's interesting - the only time a person gets slack for being way early or late is the first meeting in life - after that, you'd better be on time!). Yesterday our daughter-in-law had her second ultrasound and found out that the baby is a girl. When my wife heard the news and saw the baby's ultrasound pictures she, as expected, cried. But I kept my cool (although my eyes did sweat a little)!

As I looked at the half dozen photos of our growing granddaughter, I marveled at the marvelous design of God - that from the union of two adults a human being is "created!" Indeed we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14). I also wondered how anyone could willfully and intentionally destroy a baby in the womb. The womb was designed by God to be a safe place. In this safe place the baby grows and develops until he or she is ready to meet the world. Yet for far too many babies, the womb becomes a tomb through the horror of abortion.

Let me encourage you to do something in support of a pro-life ministry this month. These ministries are the voice of the voiceless. They also reach out to women who find themselves in crisis pregnancies - offering these women hope for themselves as well as their unborn children. Check out the ministry of Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services at www.http://svps.org. SVPS is doing a wonderful work - but they need our support to continue.

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

2 comments:

Leslee said...

Exciting news!! You can start buying pink!

Pastor John said...

Yea! Pink is my favorite color!!!

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...