Let's Pray for Our President

Today is an historic day in our country. We will be swearing in an African-American as our 44th president. Only a generation or so ago, this would have seemed an impossibility. So for many African Americans especially, today is a very special day. Now, I will admit that I did not vote for our new president. I do not agree with his stance on certain issues. But that will not keep me from rejoicing with our black population who for so long have endured the brunt of unjust prejudice and bigotry. It will also not keep me from praying for President Obama. After all, all of us who claim to follow Jesus our under a mandate to do just that. In 1 Timothy 2:1-3a we read, "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior..."

So I invite you to join me in making a commitment to daily pray for our new president as he takes office in these very trying times. For more guidance on how to focus your prayers, check out the following web site: PrayForPresidentElect.com.


Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

PS - Please pray for President Bush as he and Laura transition back to civilian life. I am sure he needs some REST!

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...