Boys Will Be Boys!


I just read a news story about 8 German youth, ages 13 and 14 who decided to drink some hot chili sauce as a test of courage - and it was not your everyday-buy-at-the-grocery-store kind of chili sauce. This sauce was HOT! VERY HOT! On the Scoville scale, which is used to measure the hotness of sauce, the sauce the boys drank earned a rating of 535,000. When you consider that normal Tabasco sauce measures only 2,500, you can understand that when I say this sauce was VERY HOT - it was indeed VERY HOT!  As a result of their test (should we say "foolishness?"), all eight were hospitalized after complaining of feeling sick. And who wouldn't feel sick after drinking such a concoction? I wonder what they mixed together to get the sauce to be so hot!

Now we can dismiss their actions as simply saying, "boys will be boys!" They were simply doing what boys have done since the dawn of human history (I am NOT about to tell you of some stupid things I did on being "dared!" by other boys!). And hopefully they will learn from this experience (I wonder if any of them will ever use a hot chili sauce again!). Experience can be an effective teacher. Of course, that all depends on whether or not one has a teachable spirit. How about you? Do you have a teachable spirit? Are you willing to learn from experience ... and from the experience of others?  I sure hope so. I believe teachability is a vital quality we all need if we are to become more like our Master!

Thanks for stopping by ... and stay away from the hot sauce!

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...