I'm Bored!


One of my childhood summertime memories is that of sitting with my friends at the intersection of Kensington Street (where I lived) and 22nd Street in the city of Harrisburg. For what seemed like hours we would ask one another, "What do you want to do?" And we would answer, "I don't know - what do you want to do?" The problem was - we were bored. None of us liked being bored. And I sure do not like being bored today. And I am sure you feel the same.

Now, some Christians have told me that they don't read the Bible because the Bible is boring. But I don't agree! The Bible is anything but boring. Think with me. What is the Bible? It is the written revelation of our Almighty Creator-Redeemer God. In its pages He reveals to us His being and His works. He tells us of his plan - both for us as individuals and utltimately for the world. And that is boring? Please take two minutes and watch the video clip of John Piper. He's right on the mark!



Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...