A Needed Reminder

 I first posted this on my blog back in 2005. I thought it was worth repeating! Have a great day!


September 20, 2005

A thirty-two year old Tokyo woman called in the police after a hit man she paid to kill her lover’s wife failed to carry out the job (this is so bizarre, you may want to read that first sentence again!).  Apparently this woman had contracted a private detective via the Internet and paid him $9,000 to kill her love rival.  When he failed to deliver on his end of the agreement, she called the cops!  She and the detective are now in jail.  The alleged target is safe, but a bit rattled to say the least!

 This is crazy stuff!  But, then again, our world is crazy!  This is what happens when men and women walk away from God and insist on living life their own way.  When I hear of mixed up, weird situations like this, I will often turn to my wife and say,  “Sin sure does complicate lives!” That is one good reason to stay as far away from sin as possible. We all need to hear and heed the following New Testament commands to flee: Flee from sexual immorality” (1 Corinthians 6:18);  “Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry” (1 Corinthians 10:14); Flee  the evil desires of youth” (2 Timothy 2:22). So the next time sin raises its ugly (even though it might not look ugly – it is!) – put your feet in gear and RUN! 

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...