On Being Responsible

Last week I received a phone call from the Dean of Grace Seminary. After exchanging a few "Hello's" and "How are you's?" he then said, "John can I ask you for a HUGE favor?" (and he really emphasized the word "huge").  He then proceeded to ask me if I could "if at all possible" (I heard this as "please say "Yes" to what I am about to ask you because I am DESPERATE!") if I could travel to Grace this week for an important meeting with a team from the Association of Theological Schools. The team is on campus this week for an accreditation visit. He needed me as a member of the board to be present at that meeting. So I checked my date book and saw that there was nothing that would keep me from saying "yes" to his request. So today I am in lovely Winona Lake, Indiana, fulfilling my responsibility as a Grace College and Seminary Board member. God willing, I will be back home tonight.

Responsibilities. Not always convenient. Not always fun. But when they call we must step "up to the plate" and "just do it!" That's what being a faithful steward is all about (see 1 Corinthians 4:2). So whatever responsibility is before you (whether it's that of a dad or mom, an employer or an employee, a teacher or a student), be responsible - and "step up to the plate" and "just do it!" (all, of course, by God's grace and for HIS glory!).

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...