A Prayer to Be Prayed!

Yesterday, I attended a stewardship of leadership meeting. As part of that meeting, we prayed a prayer that I needed to pray ... not just yesterday, but I believe I could benefit from praying this prayer EVERY day! We live in such a fast moving world - and I am in definite need of God's help to SLOW DOWN! Here is the prayer:

Prayer for a Peaceful Spirit

Please, Lord, slow me down, ease my pounding heart, quiet my racing mind, steady my hurried steps. 
Amidst the confusion of my days, grant me the calmness of Your peace. 
Help me to know the truly restoring gift of sleep. 
Teach me the art of taking time off, to slow down to see the beauty of Your creation, to chat with a friend, to read a few lines from a good book ... or from THE GOOD BOOK. 
Remind me each day, that there is more to life than increasing its speed, it is living, each moment, with You and for You. 
Let me look upwards into the branches of a towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well. 
Please Lord, slow me down. Teach me to be gentle and humble of heart, fearing nothing of this world as you are my Lord. 
Grant me rest for my soul, now and eternally with You.

Amen.

Thanks for stopping by . . . 

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...