Don't Neglect Your Family and Friends!

Monday was my day off. I spent the day cultivating relationships that are important to me. I had breakfast with my oldest sister (who lives in Etters, PA in northern York County). I went to a late morning showing of Iron Man 2 with my son and then grabbed a late lunch with him at Burger King. I came home to spend time with my granddaughter who my wife was babysitting. Then that evening, I was with my wife, our two daughters, their spouses, my daughter-in-law and granddaughter (my son had to work) as we enjoyed talking over pizza at my oldest daughter's house. I wrapped up the day watching the final episode of Lost with my wife (see yesterday's post). All-in-all, it was a very good, satisfying day!

Family and friends. So important. But in our busy, fast paced lives, it is far too easy to overlook those who are (or should be) important to us. I believe all of us could to a better job at cultivating life's important relationships. It is the depth of relationships that will go a long way toward making or breaking our enjoyment of life. One of my favorite movies is the film, It's a Wonderful Life. At its conclusion, George Bailey (played by Jimmy Stewart) looks at a copy of the book, Tom Sawyer, left for him by the angel Clarence. Inside the book's cover, Clarence had written the following words: "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends." Friends and family are gifts God gives to us. Let's not abuse these gifts through neglect or mistreatment of any kind. Rather let's determine to practice Proverbs 17:17 which reads, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...