Some Midweek Random Thoughts


Here we are, already at the midweek point of most people's work week. So as you begin to head down "the home stretch" toward your weekend, some random thoughts for you to "chew on."

1. This world is a real mess! Reading the newspaper, watching television news or reading news updates via the Internet can be down right depressing. Wars and rumors of war, earthquakes and famines in various places. Hmm. Sounds a lot like Matthew 24! Are these signs that the Lord's return is "at hand?" It could very well be that Jesus Christ will return a lot sooner than most of us think. If He were to return before the end of this day - would YOU be ready to meet Him?

2. Why is it that I an so quick to avoid what I know I need most? What I am thinking of is quiet time spent in the presence of God. Yesterday's time (much of it quiet time with God) spent at the National Cathedral was a reminder of just how much I need to build alone time ... quite time ... with God into my busy and often downright hectic schedule. Yet I so often fail to do this! I am reminded of a title of a book on prayer that Bill Hybels wrote a few years ago: Too Busy Not to Pray: Slowing Down to Be with God. That says it all! When will I ever learn????

3. Today my granddaughter turns one! It still sometimes has not really sunk in that I am now married to a grandmother! Just the other day my wife and I were looking at some pics of our kids when they were young. My parents and her parents were in some of these same photos. My wife turned to me and said ... we are now our parents! Yep! She's right. We are now the older generation! How can that be? Where did the time go? As I think on this, I am reminded of James 4:14, "What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." Friends, life is short and quickly passes. Let's INTENTIONALLY use our time wisely ... all by God's grace and for HIS glory!

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...