A Prayer When Tough Times Lay before Us!

This morning in our weekly staff meeting, a prayer was distributed for us to reflect on and pray back to God. The prayer was written by a Puritan from years gone by. His prayer gripped my heart. Here is just an excerpt ... I thought it could benefit a number of you who read my blog. Far too often we think much of ourselves and not nearly enough of Christ. Take a moment ... and make the words of this individual from yesteryear your words as you talk to the Father.

"When I am afraid of evils to come, comfort me by showing me that in myself I am a dying, condemned wretch, but in Christ I am reconciled and live; that in myself I find insufficiency and no rest, but in Christ there is satisfaction and peace; that in myself I am feeble and unable to do good, but in Christ I have the ability to do all things. Amen."  (from an unnamed Puritan) 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj 

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...