PJ

PJ

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Prayer When Tough Times Lay before Us!

This morning in our weekly staff meeting, a prayer was distributed for us to reflect on and pray back to God. The prayer was written by a Puritan from years gone by. His prayer gripped my heart. Here is just an excerpt ... I thought it could benefit a number of you who read my blog. Far too often we think much of ourselves and not nearly enough of Christ. Take a moment ... and make the words of this individual from yesteryear your words as you talk to the Father.

"When I am afraid of evils to come, comfort me by showing me that in myself I am a dying, condemned wretch, but in Christ I am reconciled and live; that in myself I find insufficiency and no rest, but in Christ there is satisfaction and peace; that in myself I am feeble and unable to do good, but in Christ I have the ability to do all things. Amen."  (from an unnamed Puritan) 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj 

No comments:

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Prayer When Tough Times Lay before Us!

This morning in our weekly staff meeting, a prayer was distributed for us to reflect on and pray back to God. The prayer was written by a Puritan from years gone by. His prayer gripped my heart. Here is just an excerpt ... I thought it could benefit a number of you who read my blog. Far too often we think much of ourselves and not nearly enough of Christ. Take a moment ... and make the words of this individual from yesteryear your words as you talk to the Father.

"When I am afraid of evils to come, comfort me by showing me that in myself I am a dying, condemned wretch, but in Christ I am reconciled and live; that in myself I find insufficiency and no rest, but in Christ there is satisfaction and peace; that in myself I am feeble and unable to do good, but in Christ I have the ability to do all things. Amen."  (from an unnamed Puritan) 

Thanks for stopping by . . . 
pj 

No comments:

Are You Preparing for Eternity?

Our journey on earth is but a breath ... a heart beat when compared to the expanse of Eternity. We all must remember that how we live live in the here and now will impact our experience in the then and there.

Thoughts on how biblical truth impacts all of life.