God's Will Be Done ... Is That What We Really Desire?

This morning as I was reading from the excellent devotional, Voices from the Past, I came across these
words,

 "One way or another, God works his children into a sweet obedient frame. At length, God brings his children to subscribe: 'What God wills, when God wills, how God wills; your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.'"  (Thomas Case)

As those words in bold print began to register in my still somewhat foggy morning brain, I slowly began to realize that all-too-often ... that is NOT me! When circumstances and situations begin to erode my comfort and convenience, instead of humbly submitting to God's providential plan for me and my life, I grumble. I complain. I look to God and ask, "Why this?" "Why now?" "Why me? "Why at all?"

The Bible makes it clear that God uses the difficulties of life to do HIS work in us (Romans 5:3-5; James 1:2-4). My friends, if we realize the breath and depth of his love for us (Romans 5:8), and the vastness of his wisdom (Isaiah 40:28; Romans 11:33) , then we will find it so much easier to sincerely and humbly pray, "God, your will be done ... even if it hurts!"

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...