Holiday Edition of Friday Coffee with PJ


It's that time again to pour yourself of the best beverage in the world ... and join me for a few random thoughts.

1. I had lunch the other day with someone who reads my blog. He asked me if I really enjoy coffee as much as I say I do on my blog. The answer? ABSOLUTELY! Of course, he is NOT a coffee drinker ... and so he just does not understand! But I can't think of a better way to start the day than A, B, C!


                       A - Acknowledge God's ownership of me and all the world
                       B - Bible, Bible, Bible - spending time reading and reflecting on God's Word
                       C - Consuming the best beverage in all the world - COFFEE!

Not only does coffee taste great, many believe it brings a number of benefits to those who consume it. To read about these, click here. Who knows, if you are not a coffee drinker now, perhaps after reading all of its benefits you just might decide to become one!

2. In light of the world cup, you just have to take a moment and see these two soccer (futball) reporters at work. Thanks, Kevin DeYoung!

3. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY holiday. As you celebrate the freedom we enjoy in America (and our religious freedoms were solidified somewhat by Monday's Supreme Court decision in favor of Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood Specialties (see Tuesday's post), please remember to continue to pray for our country. Pray for our leaders and pray for the ministry of the gospel in our land! Pray that as the gospel seed is planted in hearts that it might find fertile soil (1 Timothy 2:1-4). Also thank God that through his Son Jesus Christ, we can find freedom from sin and death (John 8:31-36).

Thanks for stopping by . . .
pj



No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...