Snow, Snow, When Are You Falling?


As a junior in high school, I sang in the school choir. The refrain of one of our holiday songs began with the lines, "Snow, snow, when are you falling? Snow, snow, none of your stalling. Winter's here and summer's gone, it's just about that time of the year - for some beautiful snow, snow, snow . . ." (crazy how I remember that so well from over 30 years ago!).

So far this winter, the snow has been in a stalling pattern, which is OK by me! But if we were to be hit with a mountain of snow next week, none of us would be surprised. After all, it's winter. And part of winter's package is snow.

There are many things that come with the package we call "life." One of which is change. Life is always changing. Sometimes the change is slow and gradual - but other times it knocks us over as it speeds by! Change can be good - or bad. But the reality is change is here to stay! (I heard someone once say that everyone loves progress - it's just change that they can't stand!) Aren't you glad that in the midst of all this change that we worship and serve a God who NEVER changes! Yes! "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and FOREVER!" (Hebrews 13:8) So when you need some stability in your ever changing life - remember to anchor your soul in the One who never changes! He will get you through!


Thanks for listening!


pj

2 comments:

musichic said...

So a friend of mine also remembers this song. I'm trying to find the music for her. Who is it by? Where can I find it?

jsmith@gracewv.org said...

I wish I could help you ... but I don't know anything beyond what my memory was able to recall! Sorry!

pj

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...