Who Brews the Best Cup of Java?



According to the March issue of Consumer Reports, the answer to the above question is MacDonalds! As a result of taste tests conducted by a panel of "trained testers," the fast food giant's Premium Roast was tagged by the magazine as “cheapest and best.” It was awarded the magazine's coveted "Best Buy" label. All of this to the dismay of cofffee giants Starbucks, Seattle's Best and Dunkin Donuts!

Now I know what some of you are thinking right now - "Who cares?!!?" You don't care for coffee and don't even have the slightest clue how anyone with active taste buds could like the stuff! I must admit - I was once there. There was a time I hated the coffee! Even during my college years when I worked the graveyard shift (overnight that is!) - I refused to drink coffee to stay awake and alert. But shortly after college, I worked on a church staff and the senior pastor would always pour me a cup of coffee at our weekly staff meetings. I figured since he was the boss, I should drink it! And so I did. That began what has become for me - a love affair with coffee! All this to say - coffee enjoyment is an acquired taste. I enjoy it today, not because I was born with a taste for coffee, but because over the years I drank it and the more I drank it the more I liked it!

Our love affair with God sort of works in a similar way. When we are born into this world, we have no taste for God. In fact, when we enter this world it is with an ingrained hatred for God. We are born rebels. But when we arrive at the point in our lives when we make a faith commitment to Jesus Christ, a taste for God is born in our hearts. And the more we taste Him, the more we desire Him. That is why the Bible urges us to "Taste and see that the LORD is good" (Psalm 34:8). I have been tasting God for years - and it is true. The more I taste of Him, the more I want of him! I hope you are tasting Him on a regular basis, too!

Thanks for listening,

pj

2 comments:

Julian said...

I think I'll drink some God-Coffee today...

Pastor John said...

Hmm... God-coffee - the best brand out there!!!

pj

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...