Wireless Network Now Connected


"Wireless network now connected." This is a message that flashes across my laptop's screen every time I turn it on. The message lets me know that I am now connected to my home wireless network which will allow me in turn to connect to the Internet. Without this connection, I would be unable to check my email or "surf" the net. With it, I have full access to all that I need - no matter where I might be in my house. Technology is pretty amazing!

This reminds me of our connection with God. Anywhere we go we are networked with God. Whereas my laptop connection with the Internet is via a wireless network - our connection with God is via this spiritual discipline called prayer. Prayer is truly amazing. To think that we can connect with God through prayer at any time and any where - wow! (Just think - at the same time you might be talking to God, there are millions of others talking to him as well AND they are doing so in hundreds of different languages! You talk about a BIG God!) Now prayer is something we all practice. We all realize how vital it is. Yet most of us would admit that we struggle to pray as we should. I do. Therefore, this year I am planning to do something about it. I have decided to read through, study and digest two relatively new books on prayer. They are both well written and thought provoking. If you want to do some growing in this discipline of prayer, you may want to read and digest these books as well. The first is by J.I. Packer and Carol Nystrom. It is titled, Praying: Finding Our Way Through Duty to Delight. The second is by Philip Yancey. It's title is Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference? Both of these books have been stretching, challenging and encouraging me to pray more. Thanks, J.I., Carol and Philip!

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...