Yesterday's Snow Removal - Today's Sore Back!

When I crawled out of bed this morning, I noticed some aches and pain in my back and shoulders that were not there 24 hours earlier. I was hurting. I was stiff (and still am). But I was not surprised. Why? Because yesterday, probably like many of you, I spent a couple of hours using my shovel, broom and snow blower clearing my driveway and cleaning off two vehicles. And the white stuff that needed to be moved was HEAVY (thanks to all that sleet that came down!). I sure hope those of you who were hoping for snow are NOW happy! I'm ready for spring myself!

Back to my aches and pains (a real encouraging topic, yes?). As I said earlier, I was not surprised that I am hurting today. All the strenuous activity of yesterday, utilized and stretched a lot of muscles in my body in ways that they are not accustomed to - and today they are letting me know it! (I even recall thinking to myself as I was working away, "John, you will pay for this tomorrow!") You see, yesterday's actions (choices, words, etc.) yield consequences today. That is just the way it is. The Bible puts it this way: "A man reaps what he sows" (Galatians 6:7b). So as you go about your TODAY - just remember, there will be consequences TOMORROW.

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...