Are We Almost There Yet?

How many times did you ask that question of your parents during that LOOONGGGG trip in the car? For me and my twin brother, it did not matter if the trip was only twenty minutes in duration. We would ask my parents that question every other minute! (At least it seemed so to them!) If I had just one dollar for every time I asked that question as a child and have been asked that same question by my own three children, I would be booking a vacation trip to Aruba!

Back on April 2nd (just a little over three weeks ago) I placed a challenge before our church family at Grace. I asked them to consider contributing to the need of the boys of Children's Fellowship of India for new beds. In June, these boys will be moving into their new dormitory. For the first time, the CFI children will be able to sleep in real beds rather than on a thin mat on the floor. Knowing how much I love my bed (see April 2nd posting) - I want to see CFI receive the necessary funds to make that happen. Every gift of $100 provides a bunk bed that will sleep two boys. The dorm will sleep 200 boys. Therefore, $10,000 will provide every boy with a bed to sleep in. Back on April 2nd, I challenged our church family to go all the way in providing bunk beds for these needy children. So, "Are we there yet?" No - but we are just OVER HALF WAY THERE!

If you want to join us in getting to our destination, please consider a contribution. You can check out my April 2nd posting on instructions on how to get involved. As the book of Proverbs states, "He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God (Proverbs 14:31).

Thanks for listening (and giving!)

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...