After a Hard Day's Work ... Ahh, I Love My Bed!

Sunday night when I fell into bed, I thought to myself, "I love my bed!" And that is about the only thought I can recall thinking before entering the ZZZZ-Zone! But on other nights when I don't fall asleep so quickly, I sometimes think of all those in the world who don't have comfortable beds to sleep in - in fact, don't have beds at all. At those times, I quietly raise a prayer of thanks to God for my bed! As I thought about this, I thought of the 130 boys (one day to be 200 boys) of Children's Fellowship of India. These boys, ranging in ages from 3 to 13 don't have beds. They sleep each night on a little rug thrown on the floor. But that will soon change. CFI is completing a 200 boy dormitory. Construction should be done in June. Once construction is done, they will need to furnish the dorm with bunk beds.

The past two Sundays at Grace, I have taught about serving. I believe God is calling us at Grace to serve these boys of CFI (and in serving these boys, we serve Jesus Christ! - please see Matthew 25:34-40). Philip Dongre, the Director of CFI is looking for people to give $100 to supply a bunk bed conisisting of an upper and lower bunk. So for a $100 donation, a person can provide beds for two boys. Wow! One of our Adult Bible Fellowships has set a goal to supply funds for 20 beds. I would like to see us go ALL THE WAY! So in addition to the 20 beds the ABF is supplying -- we would have to supply another 80 beds. Are you willing to serve these little boys??? If you would like to serve one or more of these little boys, here's how you can get involved:

- Decide on an amount to give ($50 for half a bunk bed = one boy; $100 for a bunk bed = two boys; or if God leads you to give more = even more beds for more boys!)
- Write your check payable to Grace Church; place in envelope marked CFI beds and either mail or drop off at church office or place in Sunday offering.

Here is an opportunity to respond to the teaching of God's Word in a very tangible way! Sharon and I will be giving - will you join us in serving these little ones in the name of Jesus?

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...