A Proud Papa!


Yesterday I popped a few buttons on my "Papa vest!" This happens from time to time when one of my kids realizes a goal. Early last evening, my youngest daughter, Kate, was offered a job teaching 9th grade American Cultures at an area high school. She was thrilled. I was proud. Proud of all of her hard work and perseverance. And I was satisfied. Now she will move on to the next chapter of her life. And isn't that what parenting is all about?

Just as we can be proud about our own children's achievements, just think about how our Heavenly Father feels when we persevere in our journey of grace. I suspect that He, too, from time to time pops a few buttons on his "Papa vest!" This leads me to the following question that I invite you to think about today: "What have I accomplished recently for my Father in Heaven that would have caused him to "pop a few buttons?"

Thanks for listening,

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...