A Much Anticipated Gift!

Every Christmas, I try to come up with some sort of meaningful gift for my wife. One I know that she will appreciate. One that shows her just how much she means to me. This past Christmas, I think I hit a home run! About a month before Christmas, as I was still debating with myself (I can't figure out if that is a good or bad thing - to debate with yourself. On the one hand you always win- a good thing - but on the other hand you always lose - a bad thing!) ... but as I was saying I was debating with myself as to what to give my wife. It was around that time that I took my son to a Hershey Bears hockey game. During one of the intermissions, a commercial aired on the big screen which hung over the rink. It was all about the Irish River Dance which was coming in March to the Hershey Theater. As soon as I saw it, my debate with myself was over! My wife has for years mentioned her desire to see this production. And since this tour is being billed as the River Dance's farewell tour - I knew that this would be the perfect gift to give! And her response on Christmas morning proved me right!

So tonight we will be seated in the Hershey Theater (God willing, of course) enjoying the Irish music and dance! Yes, my wife has had to wait three months and a day to enjoy her gift. But she has assured me that it has been worth the wait (and I am sure she will feel the same, if not more so, after seeing the performance!).

We Americans are not very good at waiting. We complain whenever we have to wait in a line. Whether at the bank or grocery store. We just hate waiting. Don't give it to me tomorrow or even today! I want what I want YESTERDAY!!! But in the real world in which we live, waiting is part of the package of life. So all of us could learn a good dose of patience (me included!!)! Ecclesiastes gives us a good perspective on life and time. King Solomon tells us that God "has made everything beautiful in its time" (Ecclesiastes 3:11). We impatient Americans need to learn the value of WAITING ON GOD! Allow Him to work out HIS purposes in HIS time! After all, doesn't FATHER KNOW BEST???

Thanks for stopping by . . .

pj

No comments:

Take Time to Rest!

 Recently, my wife and I took a few days off and headed to Ocean City, Maryland. On the way home, we stopped at Rehoboth Beach. There we enc...